Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, MBA
CGEIT, CRISC, ACMA, ACPA
It came to my notice that, the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), an open, global forum for the development of payment card security standards as Officially recommend my article published by ISACA Journal Volume 5 (Meeting PCIDSS When Using a Cloud Service Provider) October 2012 as additional guidance on securing cloud-computing environments. Recent released publication on PCI DSS Cloud Computing Guidelines Information Supplement Feb 2013, a product of the Cloud Special Interest Group (SIG).
• Selected speaker for 2013 cyber summit by international cyber threat task force.
• Author of an article (The Criticality of Mobile Devices Management) has been approved for publication in ISACA Journal Volume 6, 2013.
• How to perform a business strategy for BYOD
• One of his publications (Meeting PCIDSS When Using a Cloud Service Provider) was officially recommended by Payment Card Industry Standards Security Council (PCISSC) as additional guidance for securing the cloud environments.
• Author of an article in E-forensic magazine (How to Address End User Risk Agreement for BYOD) Volume 2. No 4 April 2013
• Author of a blog post on ISACA International website (Going Mobile in Rural and Developing regions) January 17, 2013.
• Author of an article in ISACA international Journal Volume5.2012 (Meeting PCIDSS When Using a Cloud Service Provider).
• Author of a blog post on ISACA International website (Looking Beyond meeting PCIDSS Requirements by cloud service providers)
• Author of an article in international Journal of ISACA/IT Governance Institute COBIT Focus Volume2.2011(Using COBIT to manage the Benefit, Risk and Security of Outsourcing Cloud Computing )
• Author of a blog post on ISACA International website (How to improve corporate network security).
• Fist to introduce cerebusserver for broadband billing authentication for Wi-Fi and Wimmax providers in Nigeria.
• Successfully deployment of Internet Wi-Fi Wide Area Network to Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH)
• Among the team of Information System Engineering (ISE) of South Africa. ISE public access solution is currently the most widely sold solution deployed in Africa. Some of the enterprises/clients of successfully executed jobs by our ISE are: Telecom Namibia, Lesotho Telecom (90 locations), EcoNet Africa and Tetra Mobile.
• Selected for CGEIT certification items writer(Question, Answer and Explanation)
• Assisted Success Gate Security cc to deployed wireless surveillance camera to some Hospital in Queenstown at Eastern Cape South Africa.
• Selected to review Enterprises Risk: Identify, Govern and Manage Risk, The Risk IT Framework Exposure Draft 2009.
• Also selected to participate in ISACA member needs assessment survey 2008.
• Among the participant on GRC and IT frameworks, control and implementations on November 2009.
• Among the participant on GRC and integrating governance, risk and compliance framework and practices on June 2010.
• Selected to participate on ISACA Top Business/ Technology issue survey on 21 current businesses issue facing IT managers and executive that are Supported by technology base product and or/solutions.
Editorial Board Member
American Association for Science and Technology
January 2015 – Present (10 months)United States
Subject Matter Expert
June 2014 – Present (1 year 5 months)USA
Review Security Book
2013 Cyber Summit (Speaker)
International Cyber Threat Task Force
October 2013 – Present (2 years 1 month)
HOW TO ADDRESS END USERS RISK FOR BYOD
Petrovice Resources International Ltd
December 2009 – Present (5 years 11 months)
• Designing a network diagram for a Wi-Fi wireless solution for wide internet service providers.
Provides basic knowledge of the PCI DSS for individuals working for organizations that must meet compliance requirements and offers companies an opportunity to provide general PCI training across multiple functional areas to ensure a universal understanding of PCI compliance.
• Carry out Information Technology (IT) risk assessment.
• Perform hands-on review of operating system, platform, and network device hardening. configurations to hardening guides and checklists across a variety of platforms, including windows, linux/unix, cisco, checkpoint, and common firewalls, iis, apache, common web hosting platforms, sql, oracle, common database servers, wireless devices and access points, network topology, architecture, and design.
• Using an active and practical approach, direct managers and individual contributors in Technical Sales, Network Planning, Implementation, Solutions Development, Operations departments to attain the company’s strategic objectives
• Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potentials.
• Establish the company’s technology roadmap and lead all aspects of the roadmap implementation
• Ensure that incident management procedures are defined and in effect to ensure that relevant security incidents (Access control violations, viruses, illegal use of software, hacking, etc.) are identified, monitored, analysed and acted upon.
November 2013 – November 2013 (1 month)IBADAN
March 2012 – April 2012 (2 months)Oriental Hotel V.I
September 8, 2012
With the advent of new technologies, cloud computing has the potential to be the next major driver of business innovation, as it is likely to change the provision of IT services across almost all industries, including finance, telecommunications, health care and government. This means that exploitation will change from systems to web. Due to these changes, today’s business needs demand that ...more
January 17, 2013
Mobile devices are changing the way we live.
Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices are playing an increasing role in how people work, communicate, shop, network and receive information. Mobile computing has been in the news so frequently over the past two years that the average consumer would think that this is a brand new innovation.
As we know, mobile computing has been around...more
September 4, 2012
With the advent of new technologies cloud computing has the ability to offer organizations long-term IT savings, reductions in infrastructural costs and pay-for-service models. By moving IT services to the cloud, organizations are more geographically distributed than ever before and the pace of business gets faster every day. Online collaboration has become a business necessity—there is no other...more
September 15, 2011
Dealing with security breaches is a real challenge for many organizations, and the threat of losing sensitive data is significant. It is critical to be ready for them because threats are unquestionably growing and changing. According to vendor firm Panda Security, 34% of all existing viruses were created during 2010. Panda Security also reports that Trojans, such as Zeus, accounted for 56% ...more
COBIT FOCUS VOLUME 2 2011
April 6, 2011
The persistent global economic challenges have compelled many enterprises to look for a way to restructure their business through the use of IT resources to increase productivity and efficiency and to reduce operating costs to increase in their return on investment (ROI).
From general business improvements to strategic transformation initiatives, business executives are beginning to appreciate ...more
April 30, 2013
With the explosion of mobile devices such as notebooks, tablets, and smartphones, Mobility has become ubiquitous, which led to an increased dependency on wireless networks for business-critical services. Organizations now depend on high-bandwidth to send and receive voice, video and data, from any device to anyone for video conferencing and video streaming. Wi-Fi is quickly becoming the primary...more
November 4, 2013
Mobile devices are changing the way people work and many businesses are starting to extend their business applications and business intelligence (BI) capabilities to these devices. Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices are playing an increasingly central role in how people communicate, network, work, shop and receive information. Mobile computing has been in the news frequently over ...more
November 2, 2013
November 18, 2013
Enterprises should consider the style of their businesses when crafting strategies for BYOD, writes Adesanya Ahmed in today’s #ISACA Journal Author Blog.
IDG COMMUNICATIONS (CSO)
June 26, 2014
October 10, 2014
PCI DSS compliance is mandatory for banks, merchants and providers that process, transmit or store cardholder data. Explore compliance challenges and how to meet the compliance requirements
DIGITAL FORENSIC MAGAZINE
February 2, 2015
The rapid adoption of mobile devices and cloud-based technologies among enterprises of all sizes means that security is now a critical need for all enterprises.