Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development (CENGSSUD) is a multi-focused/dimensional non-governmental, not-for-profit making organisation with the primary objective of promoting sustainable development and contributes to advancing practical and workable solutions to the world’s numerous problems through research, policy development/analysis, advocacy, capacity development and partnerships. We define sustainable development as the pursuit of four societal objectives: (i) economic development, including the end to extreme poverty in all its forms; (ii) social inclusion; (iii) environmental sustainability; and (iv) good public and private sector governance, including peace and security. (CENGSSUD) was established under Companies and Allied Matters Act No 1 of 1990 Part C with registration number: CAC/IT/81573 with the Nigeria’s Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and the organisation is duly registered in accordance with the provisions of Section 5(1) (a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011 of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC).
CENGSSUD strives to be an advocate of global good governance and best practice with significant impact. It strives at building partnerships with businesses, NGOs, governments, and individuals everywhere to work faster and better to find solutions that are sustainable; and to transform lives and communities from what they are today to what they can be, tomorrow.
CENGSSUD will build bridges from ideas to action, by conducting research, training and advocacy to influence policy makers in developing sustainable development priorities and address them through a cooperative approach.
- We aim at transforming ideas into action that increases prosperity, ensuring global sustainability, addressing inequality, safeguarding human rights, and promoting a more secure world.
- We seek to promoting practical solutions to the pressing challenges of sustainable development problems through research, advocacy, policy development and partnerships.
- We strive to address the full range of issues on the global development agenda including the Sustainable Development Goals, poverty, hunger, global health, disaster relief, crisis management, food security, human rights, rule of law, conflict prevention, disarmament, education, equality, climate change, sustainable development, development financing and international coordination.
OUR CORE FOCUS
We strive to focus on global good governance and best practice with special interest on:
- Governance and Policy
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Global Peace & Security
- International Law
- Education and Health
- Poverty and Hunger
- Gender Equality, Empowerment and Rights
- Social Inclusion
- International Diplomacy
- Environment & Sustainable Development
Our mission is guided by our key values:
- We value high quality research, teaching, and practice in the field of development.
- We cultivate and advocate ethical behavior in all aspects of our work.
- We provide a dynamic and supportive community for all of our members, embracing the full diversity of our backgrounds and experiences.
- We respect each of our members' voices and seek to amplify their ideas into action.
- We build our foundation on trust, transparency, accountability, integrity, solidarity, courage and Justice
- We build cooperative relationships with other institutions committed to the advancement of sustainable development and solutions to global problems.
- CENGSSUD Conducts research, Evidence based advocacy, Policy development/analysis, capacity development and partnerships. Drawing on our research, we actively engage with thought leaders, policymakers, and others to move our ideas to action. Much of our work is conducted by working groups of experts across the world and diverse disciplines who come together to find solutions to difficult policy challenges.
- Strategic foresight (identifying change, anticipating emerging issues);
- producing new ideas, which are developed in a targeted, reactive manner (international agenda);
- Policy dialogue (seminars, conferences, etc., Partnering with researchers and other civil society);
- Knowledge dissemination (papers, publications, workshops, conferences etc.).